Senior Reinsurance Sureties Broker/Underwriter
A new and exciting career opportunity with remote working possibilities exists with this well-established and successful reinsurance organisation in the Africa, Middle East and Asian region. To support and accompany exponential growth, our client is seeking a Senior Reinsurance Sureties Underwriter, who will be responsible for business growth and underwriting.
The organisation provides a wide range of insurance and reinsurance products and quality solutions to customers, brokers, insurers and reinsurers through a wide range of reinsurance products with a key focus on core activity lines, including inward facultative reinsurance covers and treaty agreements.
The individual should have experience in reinsurance surety underwriting and will have worked previously with reinsurance brokers (either as an employee of a reinsurer or a MGA/UMA) with the ability to communicate well with the producing brokers and cedants.
- An advanced degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related area
- A thorough technical expertise and underwriting experience in commercial risk insurance, surety bond and banking products
- A sound understanding of reinsurance markets and mechanisms
- The candidate should have 5 to 10 years’ experience in either, or both, an insurance company (underwriting and reinsurance department) and/or a reinsurance broker.
- Extensive experience in reinsurance surety underwriting and broking, having worked previously with reinsurance companies/brokers (either as an employee of a reinsurer or of an MGA/UMA).
- Both Sales and Marketing skills/experience and proven underwriting qualifications and experience essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
The role requires a strong communicator with outstanding presentation and written skills. You are reliable and trustworthy with high integrity and are able to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. As a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions, you show confidence; are a highly motivated self-starter and team player with high energy levels and a willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
In addition, you have the ability to set clear priorities, delegate and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organisational and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making. Your proven ability to perform in a flexible, pressured, target orientated environment as well as the ability to develop a skilled, knowledgeable and diverse workforce capable of attaining short and long-term strategies are key factors for success.
A lucrative, long term career opportunity within a flexible and progressive environment; growth opportunities and a handsome financial package including benefits, bonus structure which will be negotiated according to skills and experience. AIMS International SA has been retained to manage this process on our client’s behalf. All applications will be handled discreetly and confidentially.
Please submit your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org