Inward Reinsurance Broker
A new and exciting career opportunity exists with this well-established and successful reinsurance organisation in the Africa, Middle East and Asian region.
The successful candidate can work remotely from their current location; but will report directly to the Managing Director in Nairobi, Kenya.The role is positioned to expand our client’s existing market share to the Portuguese speaking countries in Africa. The organisation provides quality solutions to customers, brokers, insurers and reinsurers through a wide range of reinsurance products with key focus on core activity lines, including inward facultative reinsurance covers and treaty agreements.
The successful individual will ideally be fluent in both English and Portuguese, as well as have experience in inward reinsurance underwriting and will have worked previously with reinsurance brokers (either as an employee of an insurance company in the reinsurance department, a reinsurer or an MGA/UMA), with the ability to communicate well with the producing brokers.
- Create and promote relationships with existing and potential customers (reinsurance brokers and cedants) in the Portuguese speaking countries in Africa, but also potentially in other global locations wherever they have relevant contacts.
- Perform underwriting duties on all inward proposals, filtering onward recommendations to the underlying reinsurance company.
- Liaise and manage all key stakeholders (both internally and externally), providing robust, reliable and timely updates on performance and related issues.
- Review, monitor and manage the company specific strategic plans for their regions and targets, ensuring disciplined controls within the agreed financial limits.
- Ensure tight controls around operations, operating within all the relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure effective promotion of the brand and high-quality customer satisfaction.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the insurance/reinsurance market.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese preferred
- Extensive experience in inward reinsurance underwriting and broking, having worked previously with reinsurance brokers.
- Qualified to serve as a broker by the relevant regulator.
- Proven underwriting qualifications and experience essential.
- Proven Sales & Marketing capabilities also preferred.
The role requires a strong communicator with outstanding presentation and written skills. You are reliable and trustworthy with high integrity and are able to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. As a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions, you show confidence; are a highly motivated self-starter and team player with high energy levels and a willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
In addition, you have the ability to set clear priorities, delegate and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organisational and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making. Your proven ability to perform in a flexible, pressured, target orientated environment as well as the ability to develop a skilled, knowledgeable and diverse workforce capable of attaining short and long-term strategies are key factors for success.
A lucrative, long term career opportunity with a handsome financial package including benefits, bonus structure will be negotiated according to skills and experience. AIMS International SA has been retained to manage this process on our client’s behalf. All applications will be handled discreetly and confidentially.
Submit your response to firstname.lastname@example.org