LEONIE PENTZ, GLOBAL HEAD – ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES
“Our aim is to offer real added value to our clients using collaborative tools which enable us to function as a coherent global unit. This guarantees quick access to expert knowledge, efficient implementation of best practices and faster research processes”
PRECIOUS NATURAL RESOURCES:
- Natural potable water resources and water treatment solutions
- Hydro-electric power
- Clean air treatment solutions
- Wind power
- Solar photovoltaics (PV), solar thermal electricity and solar heating and cooling
- Geothermal energy
Governance and clean air technology, together with changes in consumer behaviour, force consumer product and service companies to pay attention. This is a knock-on effect of the world becoming more aware of the sustainability of precious resources.
Investment in leadership with strong collaboration and negotiation skills, understanding PPP drivers and fostering partnerships with hydro, wind, tidal and geothermal technologies, this enables collaborative renewable energy solutions.
Industry drivers: With the emergence of innovative power sources for vehicles being driven by consumer demand, coupled with dwindling oil and gas resources and green governance, the automotive industry is in a competitive race for alternative solutions. As is the case with energy generation drivers, the fossil fuel industry is in flux.
MINING AND MINERALS:
The World Economic Forum has identified the most important current drivers for change in the mining and metals sector
- Higher demands for fairness – resulting in equitable distribution of benefits
- Increased democratisation – social media, transparency, policy making
- Growing concern for the environment
- Abrupt generational change – new values and ideas are shaping leadership profiles
- Technological change transforming processes and operations
- Geographical shift with mining in remote areas
- Social and environmental challenges
Suggestions for a sustainable future in this industry highlight two aspects supported by our practice group:
- Investment in Research and Development capabilities: Mining and metals enterprises must start developing the technologies and skills required to operate in a clean, affordable and safe environment, across frontiers previously considered inaccessible
- Cultivation of the workforce: The skills and capabilities needed to operate mining and metals companies in a sustainable world will be different; this reality needs to be considered, planned for and developed in anticipation of future developments
FAUNA AND FLORA:
Industry drivers: The scarcity of resources – such as water – together with sustainability considerations, changes in consumer behaviour and green environmental pressures.
The exponential growth in the world’s population places strain on our natural resources, this results in an increased demand for these resources and is becoming a key management issue.
As industrialisation grows in developing countries, the need for resources will continue to increase. With natural resources under threat, the emergence of smart or super grid technologies has energy companies confronting new realities amid a business environment in constant flux.
Leaders are required to function effectively in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world. This requires business partners who understand the dynamics at work and who are able to pre-empt business challenges within your unique operational environment.
Disruptive market developments are becoming more and more common, while there is an increasing focus on environmental, social and governance pressures. Emerging leaders must prove their readiness to show the way by demonstrating success despite these constraints, while retaining, within the company, such valuable assets such as intellectual property.
AIMS International provides our clients with holistic support; we meet their talent needs with experienced consultants working with the world’s leading companies. Together they identify and qualify candidates with the essential leadership strengths and the potential to drive development, while accelerating readiness and energising transitions.
Transformation processes require different leaders from those skilled in managing the status quo. It is our duty to constantly develop our strengths and hone our consulting services to provide our clients with unrivalled support. We place the best possible talent for the job and maintain their ongoing success with our Talent Management Services.
- Partnerships with consultants in other industry Practice Groups – such as Automotive and Industrial – realises talent cross-pollination and facilitates skills transfer
- Strong global presence of specialists
- Years of accumulated experience
- Detailed local knowledge
- In-depth industry-specific research-based knowledge and support
ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES PRACTICE TEAM
Energy, Media & Technology
Carlos F. Ordás
Automotive, Energy, Industrial