LEONIE PENTZ, GLOBAL HEAD – ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES
“Our aim is to offer real added value to our clients using collaborative tools which enable us to function as a coherent global unit. This guarantees quick access to expert knowledge, efficient implementation of best practices and faster research processes”
PRECIOUS NATURAL RESOURCES:
- Natural potable water resources and water treatment solutions
- Hydro-electric power
- Clean air treatment solutions
- Wind power
- Solar photovoltaics (PV), solar thermal electricity and solar heating and cooling
- Geothermal energy
Industry drivers: Governance and clean air technology and changes in consumer behaviour, forcing consumer product and service companies to pay attention are ripple effects of the world becoming more aware of looking after these precious resources. Investing in leadership with strong collaboration and negotiation skills, understanding PPP drivers and abilities to foster partnership with hydro, wind, tidal and geothermal technologies enabling collaborative renewable energy solutions.
Industry drivers: With alternative power for vehicles driven by consumer demand, dwindling oil and gas resources and green governance, the automotive industry (link to practice group) is in a competitive race for alternative solutions, as is energy generation drivers and the fossil fuel industry is in flux.
MINING AND MINERALS:
The most important current drivers for change in the mining and metals sector are*:
- Higher demands for fairness – resulting in equitable distribution of benefits
- Increased democratisation – social media, transparency, policy making
- Growing concern for the environment
- Abrupt generational change – new values and ideas shaping leadership profiles
- Technological change transforming processes and operations
- Geographical shift with mining in remote areas
- Social and environmental challenges
Suggestions for a sustainable future in this industry highlights two aspects supported by our practice group:
- Investing in Research and Development capabilities; Mining and metals enterprises must start developing the technologies and skills to operate in a clean, affordable and safe environment in frontiers previously considered inaccessible
- Cultivate the workforce: The skills and capabilities required to operate mining and metals companies in a sustainable world will be different; this needs to be considered, planned for and developed in advance
*World Economic Forum
FAUNA AND FLORA:
The exponential growth in world population results in conservation of our natural resources and at the same time increasing demand of these resources becoming key management issues.
As industrialisation grows in third world countries, the need for resources will further increase. Our natural resources are under threat and energy companies are facing new realities; not only when it comes to smart or super grid technologies, but most of all due to a business environment in constant flux.
Leaders are required to effectively operate in a changing volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world. This requires business partners who understand and pre-empt your business challenges and the environment it operates in.
Disruptive market developments are becoming more common, new leaders evolve and must prove their readiness to lead, while keeping valuable assets (e.g. intellectual property) within the company and succeed with increasing focus on environmental, social and governance pressures.
AIMS International supports our clients in a holistic way; meeting the talent needs of these companies with experienced consultants, working with the world’s leading companies identifying and qualifying candidates with the essential leadership strengths and potential to drive development, accelerate readiness, and energise transitions.
Transformation processes need different leaders versus managing the status quo; we see it as our duty to constantly develop our strengths, enabling us to support our clients with our consulting services; placing the best possible talent for the job and supporting their success with our talent management services.
- Partnership with consultants in other industry practice groups such as automotive and industrial means skills transfer and talent cross pollination is a reality
- Strong global presence of specialists
- Years of accumulated experience
- Detailed local knowledge
- In-depth industry specific research-based knowledge and support
ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES PRACTICE TEAM
Energy, Media & Technology
Carlos F. Ordás