Chief Financial Officer Lusaka, Zambia
We offer an opportunity to make your mark, build your own team and ultimately directly contribute to the well-established and successful market presence our client has in Africa, Middle East and Asia. The organisation provides quality solutions to customers, brokers, insurers and reinsurers through a wide range of reinsurance products, with key focus on core activity lines, including inward facultative reinsurance covers and treaty agreements.
Working from the newly incorporated venture in Zambia within this international organisation, you will partner with and report to the CEO and executive leadership team to provide both Finance and Commercial support. The role will be an integral part in steering and supporting key business priorities.
This executive function will have overall responsibility for all financial-related activities for the company and include building and managing a team of Finance professionals. As the CFO, you will also be fully responsible for all financial, management and operational reporting, accounting, financial forecasting, risk management, tax, statutory reporting, financial operational functions and treasury.
You may also have direct relationships with customers/ key commercial partners and participate in key customer meetings and negotiations, as well as being a member of the governance steering committees.
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of financial reports and forecasts for the organisation.
- Lead the annual planning process including leading the annual budget and forecasting process.
- Implement and maintain appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budget controls and expenditure procedures.
- Ensure the profits of the business are protected through the establishment of effective financial controls.
- Provide analytical support and reporting that provides insight into decision making.
- Advise on financial implications of management decisions as well as establish the financial soundness through the completion of high-quality business cases / financial modelling for all major opportunities.
- Oversee the relationship with external auditors, regulators and other relevant external bodies.
- Bachelor of Business / Finance.
- CA / CPA / ACCA or similar qualified.
- Completed at least 10 years as a senior Finance leader, preferably within a large company within the insurance/reinsurance industry.
- Experience leading, motivating and developing finance teams.
- Experience in dealing with and presenting to Boards and Board framework, as well as governance and Risk Management.
- Strong preference will be given to Zambian and regional nationals. Experience within the region is essential.
- Knowledge of appropriate regulatory and statutory frameworks, especially as they apply to the business’ major jurisdictions.
- Experience in business planning, forecasting and business case development.
Essential Skill Sets & Personal Competencies
The role requires a strong and persuasive communicator with a deep commitment to the opportunity long term. You are self-motivated and driven to succeed. You are a strong negotiator, an executor and influencer with excellent business acumen. In addition, your attention to detail, your sound time management and judgement skills, ability to actively manage and assess risk are key requirements of the role.
A lucrative, long term career opportunity with a handsome financial package including benefits, bonus structure and potential equity share will be negotiated according to skills and experience. AIMS International SA has been retained to manage this process on our client’s behalf. All applications will be handled discreetly and confidentially.
Email your CV and a short motivation to: Alison@aims-southafrica.com with the view to a confidential discussion.