Chief Executive Officer Lusaka, Zambia
Your strategic vision and superb leadership skills are in demand. A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to become the face of this well-established and successful reinsurance organisation in the Africa, Middle East and Asian region working from this newly incorporated venture based in Zambia. The organisation provides quality solutions to customers, brokers, insurers and reinsurers through a wide range of reinsurance products with key focus on core activity lines, including inward facultative reinsurance covers and treaty agreements.
As CEO of the newly incorporated venture in Zambia, you will report to the Board of Directors and will serve as a strategic and influential leader utilising your skills, passion and commitment to advance the development of this new venture within established international structures. You will have overall responsibility for all activities including building and managing a team of professionals, all aspects of operations like organisational development, marketing and direct relationships with customers/ key commercial partners and other key external stakeholders.
You will have responsibility for leading the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy as well as creating and implementing the company’s vision and mission. You will be required to maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities and industry developments. Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimized; setting strategic goals and making and building value to the shareholders, will all form part of this executive position.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience
- Big company reinsurance, insurance or financial services experience fundamental
- 10+ years in reinsurance management/administration, information technology and/or accounting
- Strong preference will be given to Zambian and regional nationals. Experience within the region is essential.
- Detailed product knowledge, new product development and product innovation experience
- Significant experience working with or as a member of a Board of Directors cultivating strong and transparent relationships
- Proven people management experience and ability to lead, build and motivate a team
- Financial systems knowledge and familiarity with databases and complex excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of change management tools and techniques
- Experience in leading industry seminars, publishing trade articles and membership to relevant insurance bodies (i.e. AIO)
- Developing and demonstrating strong relationships with regulators
- Outstanding presentation, communication and written skills
Essential Skill Sets & Personal Competencies
The role requires an individual with a deep commitment to the opportunity in the long term. In addition, you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge of a consumer-oriented reinsurance marketplace and have an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit with a collaborative orientation. Your excellent conceptual abilities, superior management skills and financial expertise will ensure a self-sustaining entity. You are highly motivated, a self-starter & team player with a high energy level & willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
Lastly, you should have excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; be a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions ultimately displaying the confidence to stand your ground when facing resistance to change.
A lucrative, long term career opportunity with a handsome financial package including benefits, bonus structure and potential equity share will be negotiated according to skills and experience. AIMS International SA has been retained to manage this process on our client’s behalf. All applications will be handled discreetly and confidentially.
Email your CV and a short motivation to: Alison@aims-southafrica.com with the view to a confidential discussion.