These reports are the preliminary highlight of many years of work and interest in Danish non-executive boards. We look at the creation, development, renewal and composition, with a special focus on diversity. Many of these facts could be relevant to other European and certainly also non-European countries. We share this work with you in the hope that our learnings in Denmark could add value to how you look at boards in your local market and we look forward to stimulating thought and discussions with our clients all around the globe.
- There are basically 3 different recruitment models: The hunter, the bag and the spiral model
- 95% of all non-executive Board position are filled without any external professional help
- Ownership, family and personal networks are the most important recruitment criteria: Competences are much less important than previously anticipated
- Companies invest very little money in non-executive board recruitment
- Most prospective candidates do not have a clear strategy how to obtain non-executive board positions